Your baby will need the following supplies to start out. Generally, large department stores, garage sales, and private ads are the best sources for obtaining these items.
- Infant Car Seat/Restraint
- 4 cotton wraparound T-shirts (6-12 months size)
- 3 nightgowns
- 2 receiving blankets
- 1 heavy quilt or blanket
- 2 flannel crib pads
- 3 crib sheets
- 48 cotton diapers or 2 boxes of disposable diapers
- 4 safety pins with plastic heads
- Mild soap without perfume (such as Dove, Neutrogena, or Lowila)
- Baby shampoo
- Petroleum jelly
- Cotton swabs/balls
- 6 bottles and nipple units (if planning to bottle feed)
*Usually unnecessary. A mild baby lotion (such as Keri) may be helpful for excessively dry skin.